Why is insurance an absolute necessity for your business?
As a pet business owner, you’re responsible for your client’s furry family members, so it’s important that they’re protected at all costs.
Taking out pet business insurance is a sure-fire way that you, and your customers’ pets are covered from incidents that may occur. Although you wouldn’t want anything to go wrong, pets under your supervision may act out of character, leading to awful consequences. Pets can also find themselves in harm’s way, from factors beyond your control, such as a dog from the public attacking a dog under your care whilst out on a walk.
This also protects you from having to pay out unthinkable amounts if the worst should happen, which sometimes results to millions of pounds.
Let’s take a closer look as to why insurance is a must for your pet business…
What types of cover do you need?
As mentioned previously, insurance is essential for protecting your customers, their pets, and your business. Having insurance cover in place is also a reassuring sign to your customers that you’ve taken the necessary steps to prioritise their pet’s welfare. It can be highly deterring for customers, especially those that are new, to trust you to look after their pets without your business being insured. You’ll want to always be recognised as a safe pair of hands and maintain a high reputation.
There’s a variety of options when it comes to pet business insurance, so it’s important to understand what type of cover applies to your business. Knowing exactly what you should be covered for will give you the confidence, knowing you’re running your business with safety at the forefront. The key types of cover you’ll need for your business are:
- Public Liability – protecting you from members of the public who make a claim of damage or injury inflicted as a result of your business.
- Employer’s Liability – covering the cost should an employee become injured or unwell at the workplace.
- Professional Indemnity – cover from claims via clients against inadequate services provided by your busine
Care of Animals
- This includes care, custody, and control of animals and covers veterinary fees, loss by straying or theft, advertising and reward, custodial responsibility, and much more!
Buildings and Property
- Cover is provided for accidental damage to buildings and their contents, including stock supplies and equipment that are necessary for the function of your business.
- Money, damage of goods in transit, and loss or theft of keys are also covered.
Thankfully, we offer all the above and more, in the form of bespoke policies for your business. We want to help you protect your pet business at all costs, in order for it to thrive.
Please reach out to us today to discuss our policy options further with our award-winning team!